Monday, January 01, 2007

Oscar and the trevally

Happy New Year to every one. I do hope that this year is better than the last one and brings rain and high milk prices and good health to us all.
John went fishing yesterday and amongst other fish he caught these trevally which I hope to sketch as well. Oscar LOVES fish and he nearly went berserk trying to get them. He usually stands up to his full and not inconsiderable height and tries to hook them off the draining board. Unfortunatly the photos of him doing this were blurred as he was in such a state. He did get fish, John usually brings home for him the ones that I wont eat.
We had a lovely night last night over at friends place at Parawa, although there was a lot of smoke in the air. Not sure where it was from as it was old smoke but John said there was a fire in the South east so maybe that was it.
We all contribute to New years Eve dinner and as I said I made cold cucumber, leek and mint soup, followed by a wonderful smoked salmon and egg pie with salad and an equally lovely panne cotta with fruit.
We sat around talking until well after midnight and I dont think we got home until about 1.30, by which time I was very sleepy.
I dont think I am planning on any specific New Year promises but I hope to keep communicating and sketching and photographing as well as doing textile work through the year.
My best wishes to all who read this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Penny! I read your blog with such delight - am so glad you plan to continue in 2007. Best wishes for a terrific year - may milk prices soar, rains drench parched land, and good health abound for one and all.