Sunday, January 21, 2007

Detached chain

This is my third sampler for the Take a stitch Tu esday challenge on Sharonb's blog.
I had some lovely variegated threads, should have bought more, when The Thread Studio was doing a special and this is the other one I had.
I am having a lot of fun with these little samplers and looking up all my embroidery books which have taken a back seat for a while.
My DH tells me that he would recognise, well almost, my free hand style!
It is still this morning, a night of strong winds and some more rain. Probably over for the moment but we dont need the flooding some areas have had.
I collect my painting this morning, then where to hang it.
Off to feed my ponies and see if there is any damage. Nearly 2 inches of rain so the paddocks will be slippery.

2 comments:

Virgi said...

Penny,
I like your stitchery very much!
Beautiful design.

Dy said...

Your piece looks really good. I like the way it's radiating outwards and love your variegated thread!