Friday, January 26, 2007

Cretan Stitch

this is my sampler for Sharonb's TAST challenge. I have never done Cretan stitch before so it was interesting to do.
I rather liked the spidery flowers.
Yesterday was my last and very tiring day of doing my 4 day classes, My first go at portrait painting and not at all easy. I had about 4 tries and then ended up just doing tonal drawing as I felt more comfortable with that.
Today is Australia Day so I am up early as we are going in to the ceremony at 9 and I have ponies to feed.
Off to lunch after that. I think I would have liked to have just stayd home and rested!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I like your creten stitch a lot. I have not had much luck with it and need to try again. And you are right - the flowers look really neat

Susan said...

Yes, I like the spidery flower look, too. You did a great job, especially if you've not done it before! I like your thread color choice.