Sunday, January 28, 2007

Goolwa on a damp morning


This morning we were all prepared for a walk and a coffee and the drizzle set in. We decided to go over to Goolwa to look at the No 19 barrage across the River Murray, very damp, and I managed 4 photos and my camera battery died. I was not pleased. The bronze shows a relief of where the river comes out, aproximately, sometimes the mouth is closed, sometimes it moves a bit. The other shows some old pilons and the view, all damp and misty down towards the mouth. I think if you click on them you will get a better view.
So I did a bit of sketching, very hurried when I have John with me. As it was the last day of school holidays and a long weekend all the towns were very full and we couldnt find a coffee in Goolwa so we called into Pt Elliott on the way back and sat outside at the top of the hill in the main street and had a coffee and biscuit each and I sketched the view of the little township, That will be on my other blog (see links) later on.

1 comment:

Laureline said...

Penny, it is such a treat to visit your blogs and see how your life is lived so far away from my own. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Congratulations on a year of blogging!

Your watercolor classes seemed fun and profitable. I really like the trees and water sketch below. The link to my website in my signature didn't work for some reason, so I wanted to let you know that it was me!

Laur(elines)