Saturday, January 13, 2007

buttonhole stitch

I am doing Sharon b's Take a stitch Tuesday and havent managed to do the first stitch yet but have had a play around with the buttonhole stitch. I have cut up a heap of felt and am eventually going to make a small fabric book of stitches. This is my first attempt, we will see how much more I manage to do. For those purists who must have everything even and equal, dont look, I would rather do mine free style and have fun.I use ordinary buttonhole a lot just to bind edges but dont do wavy lines much so this was me trying.
I think Sharon would like me to put her stuff in links but I havent a clue how to do that, it is enough that I have my other blog in links and that took me forever to do. I even forgot I had signed up for this and had to go and look to see what I was supposed to be doing, cant remember my password or user name either, so I may be doing this on my own!!
Cooler today, We have been doing things around the house, I have a horse show tomorrow, our Welsh Youngstock show and i have to drive the float with ponies I think. I never look foreward to that.
Last night we went to the rotary Art Show and I bought a painting, not very expensive and I love it, all textile looking called "The girls" I collect it next Sunday, Where to hang it? Not sure on my crowded walls.

5 comments:

Misa said...

I liked your sampler! The colors are so bright. :o) I'm not, for the most part, a "rigid sampler" kind of gal, either.

Elizabeth said...

Love your sampler, Penny! You've created very interesting negative shapes with your stitching. Great impact!

Susan said...

I enjoy your freehand style. I love the different look that this variegated gives to the stitches.

links:

what you want to show in the blog

Let's see if that goes through the comment posting. If not, write to me and I'll give it to you.

Helen in the UK said...

I like the experimental nature of this and the cheerful colours :)

Anonymous said...

i like what you did with the negative spaces. i'm hooked on negative spaces in stitching!

neki desu