Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Wet and wild and some small animals finished

We have had our average rain for July already, the creeks were up and the sea looked stormy and dirty from the water coming from the rivers. Not much in the way of walks as it has been so wet, heavy showers are still happening and I have been closeted inside working on finishing some things near the fire where it is warm and where my wretched arthritic aches are slightly better. I need to keep my hands moving in weather like this. So my Little cotton rabbits bunny is almost finished, she needs a tail and her dress but at least I can see what she looks like. Loved this pattern as it is all knitted on the flat and put together later. Look up Little cotton rabbits on google and see what she does. Delightful. I have done a couple more little kittens as well, these probably will be what I add to Christmas packages this year. I can finish them quickly and add a few more bits to make them individual. I like winter, we used to ski every year but as I get older and more decrepit I do find it a bit more difficult to manage. a bit of sun would be nice.

4 comments:

Penny said...

I love your little 'critters'! They are darling, and nice company on a rainy, cold day!

Suztats said...

Your critters are so cute! It's a good way to help keep the fingers nimble, and a delightful addition to a package. Hope you get some nice sunshine soon. Please send me your rain, okay?

Gina said...

Love your little cotton rabbit Penny! I've done a few of these now and as we have a grandchild on the way I imagine there will be more!

Penny said...

Thanks Gina, they are such nice little things to knit. I am expecting a great grand child early next year, hope it's a girl.