Friday, January 23, 2015

Workshop with Dale

Just back from a 2 day workshop with Dale Rollerson of the Thread Studio. It was great fun and although I didn't get a lot done, I never do in workshops, I learnt a lot and I can't wait to try out a few new ideas. I have put up a few photos, we made silk paper with cocoon stripping and embedded a leaf, used stencils and stamps, paper napkins bonded and burnt, paper napkin grids and more. I am supposed to go back tomorrow for a different class but there are various reasons why I won't be going but the main one is that the body isn't quite coping with another 2 days of sitting. I obviously thought I could do more when I entered. One other reason is the big cycle race, The Tour Down Under will be all along the roads I would need to travel. Better to not be on the roads!

1 comment:

Suztats said...

Glad you had a fun 2 days. Workshops are wonderful for inspiration.