Saturday, January 31, 2015

An interesting morning

I am doing a class in March with Sandy Webster and one of the requirements on her list is that we bring some soil from home or some that means something to me. Well!!! I got a bit carried away and after I had received her book the other day John decided that as he wasnt going fishing he would take me on an 'adventure'. I had been on about ochre and the fact that I would like some and that there is a red ochre mine between Maslin and Moana Beach at a place called Red Ochre Point and perhaps we could find some on the beach. Of course I had no idea what I was looking for, but we duly made our way along near the Point, to find interesting colours in the cliffs and lots of rocks at the bottom of them that I couldnt negotiate. Oops. Any way John duly went with plastic bags and a trowel and found me some, I hope interesting stuff, while I fossicked around on the beach and found some bits of rock that when I tried drawing made an ochre coloured marks so maybe this is ochre after all. What ever, I now have several bags of interesting material to take to the Grampians with me. I also have some red clay from home so it will be interesting to see if I can use any of it or none at all. I dont mind, it was a lovely day, not too hot and I was so busy searching for rocks I forgot to take more photos so these are not terribly interesting. Duh!!!

3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Believe me, from where I am sitting, with a strong North wind blowing outside and snow lying on the ground, every one of those photographs is a joy to look at.

Suztats said...

As I sit inside hiding from the cold and snow, I can almost feel the warmth radiating from the rocks. Love the photos.

Chickpea said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog, I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful photos.