Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Trying to stay positive!


Well because I am not quite moving correctly other bits of me are now aching, and I have done too much as the knee is too, botheration.
Still the floors are now washed and the house is vacuumed so there is less cat hair. Why Oscar should shed now in the middle of winter who knows, it is probably because he doesnt go out and lies in front of the fire.
Any way the camellias in the garden are coming out, this one is by our bedroom window and I can see it in the morning.
Next my second 10 minute collage, I thought this was rather fun but I am also supposed to say something about what it says to or about me, Heaven knows!
Check out her jacket and what she is holding.
I am rather constrained by the fact that at the moment I have one magazine in the house I dont mind cutting up! There are lots of magazines, cooking, gardening, textile but they are not for cutting.
Finally a bit of collage of sorts, there are several layers of watercolor paper here, all with double sided tape in between to lift them a bit, holes done with a punch with some sequins inside them and then another piece of paper with some threads woven over the top. Fun.
I am not terribly good at thinking through things for these classes, tend to think I should follow others but this one is stretching me a bit more, or else I am finally learning something!
Julie of Julies pictures which of course is on the side bar of my boots and sketchbook blog has done a nice little drawing of Fenella, my grand daughter who is staying with her for a few days,
from all accounts Fenella is having a fabulous time, spent yesterday in London and today in Oxford before moving on. She is so lucky.

1 comment:

Karen said...

So funny to think of your flowers blooming in the middle of winter when in the middle of our winter there's a couple of feet of snow on the ground.