Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Around the farm




The cob stallion, Pen-nant Prime Time, who has come home to live.
My rescue dog Jake, who I have had for 9 years, he is a great companion but a terrible thief and scavenger. He looks as if he has been down eating calf food.
He was about 5 they thought when I got him, nothing known about him he was a stray taken from the side of the road, so he is living a good life.
And here are some of the 100 odd heifers we raise each year for replacements in the herd, red and black and white friesans.
A funeral today and I have gone into that on my other blog.

"To wish to be well is part of becoming well."
Seneca 4BC - 65AD

3 comments:

annie said...

What a beautiful farm home, Penny. How old is Pen-nant Prime Time and where was he living before he returned home?

But I can see what a lot of work you folks have there with all your horses, cows and That Thief Jake.
Hope you knees etc. are doing better.
annie

Penny said...

Hi Annie, Prime time is only young, he was bred by my daughter and is so like his father who I bought and gave to Tabby on her 18th birthday, she sold Prime time and he was back on the market so we swapped a filly for him for my oldest granddaughter to ride, he will be 5 in August.

Karen said...

I love the picture of the cows under the tree.