Friday, July 24, 2009

Pugs, Peacocks and flowers




I have been busy today, a small painting on my other blog, I have cut out lots of patterns as I need to get back into doll making,walked around with the camera and had a friend to visit, which was great as I feel a bit I am back in the world of people!
This male peacock was sitting on top of a cage near the back door and his blue was so brilliant I had to take his photo.
Then I looked up and saw the tree dahlia still flowering, my others got so knocked around with the rain and wind but this is the nicest of all.
Here in the bathroom is a lovely lead light glass window my sister gave me, actually the whole bathroom revolved around that window and funnily enough the maker of it, lives not very far away. They are gouldian finches and the little red cyclamen matches some of the colours. Not easy to photograph as it was against the light.
Then Maggie waiting for her dinner, I stood with her bowl and all she wanted to do was jump up and wag her tail. She was a successful brood bitch but is now retired.
And then Tuppy, well in his hay day he was and I suppose still is an Australian Champion pug but now is old and deaf and going blind but still fun to have around so long as he knows where he is.
He was anxiously waiting to be fed as well.
Tonight I feel like ending with a quote,
by Christopher Darlington Morley it is from my quote book.
"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way."

1 comment:

Karen said...

Lovely window.

Seeing the dogs brought back the movie Men in Black 2 and the pug sitting in the car singing away and the soundtrack "Who let the dogs out , woof, woof ,woof." Guess you had to be there.