Saturday, July 11, 2009

Three small cats are better than one



Dont ask me what I am going to do with these little fellows but they are keeping me happy and I think a few more might be made as they are so much fun. I made the little grey one in the middle last night.
We have had a lot of rain and very high winds, feels like mid winter at last and there is mud every where, even the creek is up but so far it hasnt actually flooded.
I got a bit fed up with being inside so went out with the camera to see what was flowering.
The little flowering quince has a few flowers on it, and there are still a few white trumpets on the top of the datura, seen over the top of the shed, while the navel oranges are small they are sweet and John is eating his way through them.
Finally the giant I think reticulata camellia and I think she is ballerina, has more flowers than normal on her, she is hidden away behind the hydrangea (which has not been cut back yet) and under the metasequoia, one of the first in Australia as my father , the professor of botany managed to get some soon after they were propogated I think in the early 50's. This one doesnt much like our very hot summers and drying north winds but has prospered, probably too close to the house.
My poor garden is terribly neglected, after years of looking wonderful the last few years of back problems have taken their toll.

No comments: