Monday, February 16, 2009

A bit of this and that




We walked this morning because we hadnt yesterday, we cleaned the house instead.
I saw these ducks which I think are chestnut teal standing in the stinking mess near the mouth of the Inman River, with no rain it stops before it goes out to sea and there had been a lot of sea weed on the beaches and in the river itself, they seemed quite happy for all the smell.
I took the next photo from the back gate and it is the poplar in the house paddock, the green are weeds, it is as dry as dry.
Next I have been playing with printing on disolvable paper and sewing it, using a resist and then dissolving it. I thought this looked an awful mess and the following photo of the fish is what it should be, but all the colour went. So I sprayed it with my lovely moonshadow mists and it looked a bit better, not like fish at all but better. At the moment it is not sewn onto the bit of silk paper, just sitting there to see if I like it.
I do quite like the really organic look but if I tried to get that look I bet I would fail dismally!

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Penny I think your soluble paper piece looks good--maybe it doesn't look like the fish but it still looks good.

Anonymous said...

I really like the look of your piece and did you know you can use the fish to do some printing with them? Apply paint/ink and press and voila, nature prints.