Friday, September 19, 2008

A lump of wood




I went to put this on the fire and looked at it and decided that it needed its photo taken before I burnt it.
Bits of lichen and bark and rough bits wonderful texture so much to see in something destined for the fire.
Today was windy again, I ventured out to look at ponies and delight in foals racing around their mothers and playing with each other. I have a nose that keeps running and I sneeze horribly.
We went in to shop early, so early the bank wasnt even open, and here I was saying that as I had been to Adelaide and back last night I would have a sleep in, no such luck.
The meeting last night had its highs and lows, the new chairman is not exactly diplomatic or polite, we will see what comes of it, we do have two new committee members, but last time they were on they didnt do much so again in for interesting times.
Nothing exciting done today, except I played with some alpaca fibre which seems to needle felt reasonably well and did sit for a few minutes working out how to make something on a knitting nancy, once I got the hang of it it was fun. I have a fabulous new book called something like the braiders bible.

1 comment:

Purple Missus said...

Ooh yes, I can see why you were so taken with this piece of wood. Great design source.