Sunday, September 14, 2008

Alison Cole workshop



Pinned and tacked down and not finished at all. Using mulberry bark and tyvek and soy fibre on the cream and irisene film and angelina with some silk noils and paua shell on the blue.
I am feeling my back and hip tonight as I am still feeding ponies, well I think I am only feeding one at the moment as the house on the property that my daughter and her family live in caught fire yesterday in my grand daughters bedroom. Far too much excitement, she lost her precious cat and there is nothing much worth saving in the room, a heater not turned off at the wall switch was the cause.
About 5 fire appliances, 2 police cars, an ambulance and several other fire vehicles. Luckily it was contained to the room and no one was home but the whole house is full of the remains of black acrid smoke and is not very habitable.
Not much more to say, I feel rather upset about the whole thing.

4 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Oh my gosh Penny, how awful is that. Thank goodness your granddaughter wasn't in the room. I like your creative pieces, I like irisene film, hardly ever see it used though. Cheers, Robin

Alison said...

Oh my goodness - lucky that the whole house didn't go but the smoke will take a while to clean away.

Doreen G said...

Heavens Penny did you kill a Chinaman to be having all this bad luck.
I remember this saying from when I was a child.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the fire but glad that no one was hurt. Hopefully the insurance will cover it but what a mess.

Love the pieces and your dolls wish I was at the show to buy some.

Karen