Saturday, December 09, 2017

Morning walk on the cliffs

I have been having problems with my joints. Age is not much fun any more. As you can see things are drying off on the cliffs but it was a lovely walk, not hot, and reasonably even going. Not as long as I would have liked but at least I was out. I really wasnt with it today, forgot to boil the fruit etc on the cake I made today, just happily kept adding the ingredients. Had to just put it in the oven and hope. I think this will be our cake!! It looked ok but a bit lumpy. I am off for the day tomorrow to a class at Aldinga eco village hope my brain is in order for that. I spent a lot of the afternoon making some Christmas cards, nearly finished. I do wish my body would accept the new medication, I keep feeling so tired.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh gosh, our weather here has turned cold and 6 inches of snow is in the forecast for the weekend. Yesterday that darned little Min Pin got out of the fence. When I went to get him he was in a neighbor's yard behind us. Each time I called his name he ignored me and went a bit farther. When I would get close enough to pick him up before he ran again, my danged body would not let me bend low enough fast enough to get him. I went back home to tell Terry, then went back to where Harley was. We are just 3 houses from a minor highway and I didn't want to lose site of him. Here came Terry down the alley with the car. As soon as he called to Harley, off he ran to jump in Terry's arms. Danged dog, I can't tell you how mad I was, or how happy I was that he was OK. That darned little dog has captured our hearts and the hearts of our BIG DOGS too. I have to keep remembering to take Ibuprofen regularly through the day or I can barely move. Hope your meds become kinder to you. I hate "tired".
xx, Carol

Robin Mac said...

I am glad you were able to go for a walk. The fruit cake will probably keep longer (if it is not eaten first) without boiling the fruit - i can remember a boiled fruit cake I made many years ago going off before we could finish it!
Surely the new meds will kick in soon, you don't need to be feeling so tired all the time at this season of the year. XX