Monday, August 21, 2017

around the Inman Raiver this morning

Freezing cold, overcast and grey and about 10 degrees C all day. Not a lot done, I have read and am packing boxes. Went in to get another one and there was only one left and no lid so took a smaller one. Last night we had a blackout for about 3 hours, cold roast beef and tomato with fresh horseradish sandwiches. Thank goodness I bought another expandable reading/sewing light that I can recharge and has a heap of small led lights. Much better than candles. I could read.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We have electric heat. Actually over the years we have switched most appliances to electric. Seems there have been many gas explosions over the years. Makes it difficult when the electric goes out when you have electric heat and its freezing outside. Happened here for a week. Hope it never does again for that long. I'd be interested in knowing more about the lamp you mentioned. We keep lanterns filled with oil in case of electric failure.

Glad you are making progress on the packing.

BTW: I'm way behind on reading my favorite blogs.
xx, Carol