Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A lovely morning walk

We had to take some stuff to the dump over near Goolwa this morning so on the way back we called into Crockery Bay near Pt Elliot and walked around the point, you cant really see the sea well in the first photo, perhaps if you click on it twice it will enlarge enough, this was the start of the walk. I didnt put up photos of the sea this time, although I did take some but I was more interested in the colour of the grasses, the yam daisies, the amount of (rather smelly )kelp that has been thrown up on the usually nice sandy beach. The information shelter is rather nicely done in a bush type Australian way. The flies are starting to appear, after the 1/2 inch of rain we have just had but the breeze was cool and kept them away for most of the time. The rain has really given the garden a lovely boost and it was lovely to have a close friend who I dont see often come for lunch yesterday and look at it, although we did get rather wet when we went out to look at the foals, such a lovely lot this year. It was so nice to be able to catch up in person too instead of the usual phone calls. A lovely parcel arrived today from Eithna in Ireland too, I will show photos tomorrow, I love getting parcels in the post .Eitnha has a little bit of blue blog.

1 comment:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I must say that that photograph makes me very envious - it looks dry and also reasonably warm - two things sadly missing here today.