Monday, September 05, 2011

Sunday walk

John and I went along the cliffs towards Kings beach from Petrels Cove yesterday. it was a brilliant morning after the wind and thunderstorm of the day before. The sea had that incredible colour to it and there was a freshness about everything after the rain.
We didnt get much rain, we need a lot more.
Walking down to the beach was interesting. it was the first time in months I have managed to get this far and the high tides of the last few months have made a difference, a lot of sand had been washed out and what was left had a lot of mineralisation in it and was quite a deep purple colour and there were lots of rocks exposed as we havent seen them before. Lines of what look like the backbones of dinosaurs and these odd rocks that are left standing like some kind of sentinels.
I loved the fact that some one had been building these lovely little stone cdairns around the place too, I sometimes wonder if we have this great desire to say we have been here in stone. I know I do it myself.
I came home with a few odds and ends, my hens love the cuttlefish as it makes their eggs stronger, and there was a ray egg as well as a few other odds and ends.
I think I did rather too much yesterday as I am terribly tired today, as well as this walk I went around the mares last night making sure none were due to foal over night (they didnt thank goodness). And I managed to cut back a wheelbarrow full of garden stuff that should have been done ages ago. I had hoped to get some more done today but think I had better not try to push myself too hard.
I am also knitting cupcakes, Gina Ferrari in her blog has asked us to do a few so I am having fun, I might even make some for me. Photos when I have finished.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

Cairns and inuksuks are very interesting to me, there are a few 'very simple' ones on the property here. Loved your findings too.