Monday, September 19, 2011

In the mail and a day out


This lovely collection of doilies and lace came from Julie in the Uk and the collection of wooden stamp images on cloth came from Chris, also in the UK. I am very lucky to have blog friends who are happy to send out stuff for me to play with.
Yesterday was a long day as I was up at 5 am and over to collect two of my granddaughters, Gaby and Celina put on the float and take them and young Mason over to Strathalbyn for the mounted games. As I said a long day but we did see the steam train, the Duke of Edinburgh storm past, always gives the horses a bit of a fright as the line is right by the back fence of the grounds but lovely to see, although Mason was a bit scared of it. Not easy to get photos and these were all I could manage.
I didnt get home until way after 5 pm, by the time they had finished and packed up and loaded the ponies but they all enjoyed it, Mason did mostly, here he is posing in my hat, he did get tired and grumpy towards the end but managed to fall asleep which was bliss for me. I seemed to feed him all day.
Today I am aching and tired, more I think from the terrible day outside, hot and windy with a change forecast and a very low barometer than from yesterday.
Hope we get some rain, and not a tiny bit we need lots, when I weeded and cut things back on Saturday I couldnt believe how dry the soil is.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Suztats said...

Lovely little gifts to create with, penny. It must be a joy to spend the day with the grandchildren, even if it's a bit tiring.

Linda said...

Steam trains are so impressive. You did have such a busy day!