Thursday, September 22, 2011

A bit of textile play


Here is another one of my prayer flags, this one has Simon and Garfunkels 'The Sounds of Silence' exerpts written on it.
I was reminded very forcefully of this song when it was sung in New York on the anniversary of the bombing of the twin towers, a lot in there to think about.
The background was a monoprint and then I cut out a stencil and painted the black crow onto it. It is supposed to be eating an insect (actually I made a blob so added legs but they dont show up terribly well). This one is hanging by the back door next to the other one and John is wondering what is going to come next! He says there is not much room inside so he supposes it is logical that I have moved outside.
In the new Quilting art gifts Angie Hughes has made some small brooches and I decided that I could have a go at making a tag in the same style. I may make more of these they are fun to do.
At the moment I am painting paper and canvas for the start of a new fabric type journal, the sort Ro Bruhn makes, but it is taking me ages just to get the backgrounds done.
An absolutely awful day here, gale force winds again it is drying stuff out terribly, and I didnt even go for a walk today as I feel so full of hay fever. I hope the winds drop tomorrow as I have a lot of watering to do but dont even dare go out tonight.
It did dry the towels in rapid time though.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

Lately, I've been working a little simple stitching into my mail art...nothing like your wonderful creations though, Penny!