Friday, September 16, 2011

Port Adelaide


Yesterday I drove up to Port Adelaide to meet P as we had arranged to go to a demonstration at the art shop there of the use of Derwent Inktense pencils and blocks, we were the only 2 there so it was fun to ask lots of questions and play a bit. I bought some of the blocks as I decided that they were rather nice to use as paints, I also bought a brush, and a silk screen for a class I am doing.
I love going to the Port, although it has been ruined by the fact that developers have come in and now large ships cant get into some of the traditional areas and most of the lovely old buildings and wool stores are now just that buildings, waiting for people to 'convert' them.
I took a few photos, the lovely stone and brick work on these buildings, the ship and cornucopia on top of one of the wool stores, an old dtug on dry land across the river from where we had our lunch. a geranium flowering madly and brightening up a corner of an industrial site, and this seagull who sat and tried to get some food from us while we ate and had a coffee.
We went to an interesting exhibition in a gallery, all rusty objects and skulls and bones from a northern station that had been turned into the sort of thing I like. No photos unfortunately.
So I drove home and was tiredd, John was at a meeting until late so I fell asleep infront of the tv until he woke me up when he came home.
We had another foal yesterday and one this morning, the Cob stallion was busy as all of his have come within a few days.
I think we have a break for a few days now, although as the mares run with the stallions the timing is never very precise.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Suztats said...

Sounds like a fun day out! That gull looks well fed.