Friday, September 02, 2011

A morning at Adelaide Royal Show

John took Mason, Gaby and I up to the show this morning, we left early and were there not long after the gates opened on the first day. A good time to be there as not so many people and we left a little before 1pm but for all that I was very tired by the time I got home. The biggest problem was having to stand for an hour to see the Jenny Gillies show, textile art with fun, music and dance all mixed up. Jenny Gillies is a New Zealander who lives in Christchurch and we didnt think she would be back this year as she suffered damage during the earthquakes. It was a very moving and fun show and for all I had to stand it was well worth it.
The first few photos are a sample of what she makes to make the show a (cliche here) show stopper.
I caught up briefly with my sister and nephew who was showing dogs, my grand daughter who I watched gain 3rd in the class of pony hacks in the photo, had to take a photo of the junior driver event and a few of the flowers and the fun scarecrow event.
Glad I went and will be back next year but not again this year. All the pony events I would like to see are on over the week end and it will be far too crowded for me.
Click twice and it should enlarge and scroll around.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

What a beautiful collage, Penny! At first though, I wondered...What am I seeing? Lovely show!

Robin Mac said...

Wow, what a wonderful collection - it deserves the cliche of show stopper! glad you were able to get to the show for a while anyway.
Cheers