Sunday, May 08, 2011

My mothers day gift


Happy mothers day to all who observe it on this day. It does seem a little strange not having my mother around, I miss her a lot and still have to stop myself from thinking that I must tell her about something she would be interested in.
Sarah did the first photo for me, I also have another larger one that a professional did for her but I like this one and it fits in the scanner. It is my beautiful foal who last week end was Supreme Welsh foal of the show we had in South Australia, a Section B welsh of all my breeding for about 5 generations and I have to say probably the best of the lot so far. Her mother and grandmother were all Supreme Champions and all cream.
Now some photos of the walk we had yesterday, enough to blow all bad tempered cobwebs away, a lovely walk and the sea was looking magnificent.
Todays walk wasnt quite so good, over rough paddocks, not what my knee likes, but we had a bit of a special lunch and tonight we are out with some of the family for dinner.
I am trying to get into a few other bits and pieces so hope my not quite sure what I am doing phase is over.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Happy Mother's Day, Penny.

I experienced a period of the same when my mother passed 4 years ago...the realization as I caught myself wanting to relay family news to her.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, what a wonderful card and the photos of your walk were beautiful as well.

Suztats said...

Happy Mother's Day, Penny!

Hildred said...

Congratulations on the win by your beautiful foal Nice walk, too.

My mother has been gone now for over fifty years, but it took a long time before I got over the spontaneous desire to share with her what was happening in our family. Hope you had a happy Mothers' Day Penny!

annie said...

Lovely card, Penny, and you know how much I enjoy your photos. Congratulations on the win.

I think we will always turn to tell our mothers something if that's the kind of friendship we shared. I like to think that our loved ones who have gone beyond this life still share in it, though in a different way. So I often add, "thank you, Mom, I love you" when I remember her.

Kay Baughman said...

My mother has been gone for over 30 years but I still feel the pleasure of her presence in my life, her blue eyes in my grandson's face, her love of nature and teaching in the love I have for the same.
Congratulations on the win for the beautiful foal.
Kay