Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mixed bag


Today we went to the memorial service for our neighbour over the road. I think I now know why they are losing parishioners at the Anglican Church, a service that rambled on and on and the most boring minister. I think Tim would have been horrified as he wanted a quick service.
A very good turn out of neighbours and friends I think just about every family in the valley was represented in one way or another.
Sobering to see how many of us are ageing though and I always thought I was one of the young ones, even our childrens friends are all losing hair or going grey!
Poured with rain as I made for a run to the car, I just hope it keeps aup as we need it.
The first photo was the makings of lunch the other day, baked mushrooms stuffed with bacon and onions and garlic and breadcrumbs and topped with cheese. Olive oil over the top and a few herbs and in the oven for 20 mins, yum.
Then the Section B stallion who is baby sitting a couple of colt foals over winter, he is a lovely boy and the temperaments of his foals are superb.
Finally a bit of fun, Jill Maas has these freebies on her website (just google Jill Maas) a mouse I havent made yet and this goofy looking bird. I have modified the pattern for the next one a bit but I love them, so much fun to make I think a few friends may be getting some.
Off to start on a third one.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Doreen G said...

It must be the breed of ministers that they are turning out at present Penny--we have a new one at our church and a service that used to go for an hour and ten minutes now has us all yawning for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Stephen keeps nudging me to wake me up.
The problem is that she can't understand why the numbers are down.