Monday, May 23, 2011

cloth whispering and skies.


I put this on the scanner so the whole cloth has not been scanned but I have been doing a couple of Jude Hill's cloth whispering series and although I should be on stars and moons some how I am still on hearts, I am being very slow as I wonder where I am going with this, the background is mostly rusted or slow dyed and the hearts came from all over the place. I am rather enjoying just doing slow stitching on this as the pinched nerve in my neck doesnt show much improvement.
Yesterday we went out to lunch with friends, pouring rain and an ideal time to share with good company and good food and wine.
Saturday the storm was imminent, we walked a lonely beach over on the gulf side and it was all misty and blue then at night the sky ranged from orange to pink as the wild weather came in.
So today I have tried to get my head around what I have to take away because it seems to be taking me longer to work it all out. Still cold, still wind, still hard sharp showers coming through.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Suztats said...

Well, your slow cloth is progressing nicely, and I thought one was supposed to be on a journey, and to take one's time to reach the destination. Love the hearts.

Wanda..... said...

The hearts certainly compliment the piece and each other! We've had 3 severe storms within the last 28 hours...can hardly get on the computer to blog!

Hope your neck soon improves, Penny!

ArtPropelled said...

Such a lovely cloth Penny! The colours are so beautiful too. I agree with Suztats ..... just take your time and enjoy what the slow cloth is all about. Hope your neck feels better soon.