Friday, June 12, 2009

Plates



On Dale Rollersons blog she talked about plates and these had been suggested by Elizabeth. Now when I tried to put up Elizabeth's blog into my links I lost the whole area of links and the bit that told me how to do it so the clux that I am I have lost the lot. I have no idea what to do now to get it back.
Any way it is freezing cold and not nice weather to be outside so I collected a few of many many plates and took photos. Some not terribly well.
Any way here they are, some old some new.
I love the Japanese one of the fish and I equally love my damaged dragon bowl, the funky vegetable plate and the saucer that is all that is left of a large saucer and cup. and finally the modern platter I bought on Kangaroo Island a couple of years ago. I seem to have a thing about fish.
The dragon plate says something and then Worcestershire on it, the saucer says Adams and the others dont have a lot on them at all.
I wish the flash wouldnt be so aggressive, I tried several settings but they were all about as bad, even Museum didnt show up well.
Yesterday was flat out so today I am not doing much except wrecking my blog settings! Oh I did go shopping but it is so cold and windy at the moment sitting by the fire seems like a good option.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

But I found you, and your plates are beautiful.
I'm totally fascinated by china for some reason--frustrated artist maybe.
Hope you settings get back to normal!

Barrie said...

Your crockery is very pretty. I haven't seen many plates with fish and really like yours.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely selection of plates,

Leslie said...

Very nice plates. I'm a fish-fan myself.