Sunday, June 28, 2009

Frustrated


I did too much on my leg yesterday and I just feel so frustrated it isnt funny. So much I want to do and I know if I do too much it will take longer to get better.
I had to go to the market yesterday and also do some shopping and that did it.
Today we have to go to lunch but I think I can sit for most of the time. Johns clothes are ironed so he has something to wear.
I am also pretty frustrated about this small quilt, it is not looking as I would like it and I am in the terms of my grand daughters, so over it!
So I walked outside the bedroom door and smelt the wood smoke from the fire and saw these few lemons on the tree, it had a really hard time this summer in the 47 degree heat and all the lemons cooked on the tree and I was wondering if it would recover. It is a miracle tree any way as with our frosts Lisbon lemons, which I like the best are not supposed to grow here but perhaps we were lucky and put it in the right spot, it is also grafted onto a more frost resistant stock.
We had heavy fog yesterday morning and trying to take a photo in the fog was not easy as the flash kept going off and I think they are fog droplets the round circles on the photo.
Our weather has not been typical winter weather lately, not much rain but quite a lot of moisture and the lows in the wrong place. So far no frosts but I suppose we will get them.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Try putting the quilt away for a bit and then maybe when you come back to it you'll better appreciate it.

Nice lemons. My MIL had lemons and orange trees down in Florida along with a grapefruit tree. She'd go down every winter with her husband.