Monday, June 29, 2009

Making holes


I have signed up for Dale Rollerson of The Thread Studio's Holey Moley Club where for 12 months we are going to make holes.
There was much discussion on a couronne which she had on the list of what we should or could have.
As I am temporarily not able to do much I decided to look it up, on google. Lots of Couronne but not what I was looking for until finally I found a blog,
http://lacemaking-needlacer.blogspot.com
This took me to several pages on the history of lace and lace making and right at the end a description of a couronne and how to use it.
So I found an old teddy bear stuffing tool and some thread and made holes, it really is just winding thread around a stick of some sort and then button holing around it. What fun. So a photo of the stick and the two I have made and then a scan which is closer. They are not brilliant but I can only get better.
It is cold and grey and windy today.
I took this photo out of the bedroom door, again.
I have been in to see the physio and she told me I had done far too much and only stand for 10 minutes at a time and not too often.
so I am now back in my box probably not doing what I should, It takes 10 minutes to do the dishes, how can I cook?

No comments: