Sunday, October 26, 2008

This afternoons walk






We walked along a favorite bit of beach below Hayborough this afternoon, the wind was still from the north but much cooler and a southerly was blowing up so we wanted to do it before that happened. A lovely walk and the sky and clouds were magnificent.
I found the little orange starfish and popped him on some kelp before taking his photo, actually I think he was dead.
We had a black filly this morning so the Welsh B stallion has made up for all his colts by now having 2 fillies, the mare is a Welsh A and this foal is having a few problems getting under to the milk bar as her legs are so long.
It has been so windy lately that we lost a large branch off the fed flowering callistemon by the bedroom window, such a shame as it was covered in its bright red bottlebrush flowers the birds and bees love so much.
I made a cake for my mothers birthday tomorrow and burnt it!! Some one rang and I totally forgot it, no good for tomorrow but I have frozen it, too rich a cake not to be able to do something with it. Maybe a trifle or something, it has loads of butter and walnuts and eggs in it, such a gorgeous cake and I messed it up.
I have been making dolls, but so far only bodies so not much to show for it, and I made some bases for the Fibre in Form class, not enough of them I am being a bit slow but fun, no good taking photos or scans as they are all white and not painted yet.
Oh and I have sort of worked out at least how to get a scan from the new printer/scanner, but there is a lot more to learn on this one than the last one.

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Stunning photographs Penny!! when I was at the beach a couple days ago, i took a picture of a startfish too but there was only 2 legs left of him...

congrats on your new Filly.. have you named her yet?

sorry about your cake... I hate when that happens...