Sunday, October 05, 2008

Flowers in the garden and Pt Willunga




The first photo is of the garden as you walk to the back door, the Japanese wisteria is begining to flower and the geranium maderense is in full flower.
We went to lunch with a friend at Pt Willunga today and I took photos, I have never seen the base of the old jetty so exposed as it was today, the winter tides have moved a lot of sand.
The holes in the cliff were made by the fishermen to keep their boats and nets in, I remember them in working order when I was a child, then the cliffs, they have this strange sort of mud between the layers of rock, I remember climbing them when I was a child and after rain wearing huge muddy boots.
Finally some one on the way back to the house had built or rather woven this rather nice bit of a fence and I loved the design of it.
Daylight saving began today so I am all out of kilter, we had a foal this morning, another filly and two more expected in the next day or so.
A lovely sunny day but a cold change and some rain expected over night, I hope we get the rain.

No comments: