Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I n Adelaide today




John and I had a busy day in Adelaide today, I bought a new darning foot for doing free motion sewing on my machine as I broke, or rather bent the other one and couldnt use it. I went to the art supply shop and bought some Golden quinacridone nickel azo gold for the on line class I am doing with Lynda Monk and Carol, ?? forgotten her surname!! I will have to try and sort out what the other colors are in one of the acrylic paints I can get at a much cheaper price as this one was awfully expensive.
Then flowers and up to see my Mother who is well and not too bad in herself.
I went back to the shopping center again where I get her flowers as they have a good shoe shop and bought some very expensive but very comfortable shoes made by Gabor, I just hope they are as comfortable as summer wears on. My feet really dont like me, nor do I much like my body at the moment as I finally got on the scales the other day and wished I hadnt.
John had to have a very back tooth out and so I wandered around the center of Adelaide until he was ready to come home, his face looks a bit swollen and sore but the root of the tooth had cracked so it had to come out.
We stopped in to see Tabby and Gaby and the babies, Millie is standing by herself but not quite taking that extra step and I got to cuddle Mason who is soft and tiny and sweet at this stage.
the photos, I took these in and around Wright Street in the Adelaide CBD, this is a small very old residential area with rows of terrace houses and the very old stone building I found down a side lane. Considering how close to the center of the city this is it is remarkably untouched.
I really should do a bit more research on it as I guess the terrace houses were part of either housing the poor of Adelaide or part of a church or some such.

No comments: