Thursday, April 24, 2008

Walking LA and the Getty


I dont really care if I am boring people or not, there were after all about a 1000 photos!!
Any way this is still the walk around Hollywood back streets, showing a house I rather liked and one of the hidden stairways going from one street to another Oh and that is Hashi taking a photo in the first one. well maybe not a photo it could have been saying oh look what is that?
Then we went to The Getty, latish in the afternoon and it is a fantastic place, the buildings are incredible and the gardens to die for, lots of photos of those. we walked and walked and it was hot, although thank goodness you can take a train thing up to the main area. We saw a couple of pretty odd exhibitions but the gardens made it and the whole of the buildings, apparently there was a fuss as the architect is known for his use of stark white so the compromise was that anything seen from the street sort of pale grey and the interior walls were all very white.
I am finally beginning to get some textile stuff done, well my TIF challenge which has to be finished by the end of the month.
I think we have both had a relapse of jet lag, we both feel worse today than we did yesterday!!

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Penny, your photos are not in the least boring. I am loving looking at them and reading your comments, what a fantastic time you must have had.

annie said...

Keep 'em coming, Penny-- photos AND
sketches. I follow both your blogs
and am lapping up your trip.