Sunday, April 27, 2008

Encounter Bay walk and a new class



I thought I would take a break from the Californian photos for today and show the ones I took on this mornings cold and damp walk around Encounter Bay.
We headed in fairly early and walked along from Whalers to the Bluff Jetty and back, I saw this grey heron on the rocks so he had to have his photo taken, then the wonderful view from the deck of Whalers while we had coffee and finally another look at the progress of the new boat launching facility that is still in progress.
I am also taking a new e class with Ellen Lindner called Instant Art Quilt Class. It is a 3 week class and this is the material I have chosen to use. I hope it will come out alright I am not a quilter so am a little apprehensive about this. Some how I think I thought it was over 3 months, still better to be quick so I havent time to panic.
I have also just signed up for a mermaid class with Angela Jarecki, I have done all of her classes and love them. I havent made a doll for ages and as it begins at the end of May, I will be back from fishing and a good time in the middle of winter to think of a doll.
Then there are the TIF challenges to do, a jumper I am knitting for Millie as well as a heap of beaded jewellry I want to do. Not enough time in my day.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Beautiful fabric Penny did you dye it yourself.
You certainly are going to be a busy girl aren't you

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of Encounter Bay and the fabric is yummy, was it done with fabric paints or dyes?

It reminds me of a parfait but there are areas where the paint seems to be sitting, which makes me think of fabric paints.

Karen