Friday, April 25, 2008

TIF thoughts and Mexican style garden


This is not what I was going to do but things really are conspiring against me.
Today is ANZAC Day, the day we lost a battle and became proud of ourselves as Australians.
John had to lay a wreath at the dawn service so my day began early a bit of light drizzle in the Valley but clear in Victor. I am afraid I stayed home in bed.
Then I took him over to Goolwa to meet D'Arry to go fishing down the Coorong as the weather forcast for today didnt sound very promising.
Of course no shops were open so I was home by 9.30 but have to go in this afternoon to meet Wendy who is going overseas on Wednesday and call into an 80th Birthday party, and then collect John again.
What I was going to do was thank Gail on this blog for the award she gave me which is done by Artey pico but I cant find the image I have transferred so it may have to wait. Gail is from Expression Studio blog, and I am not savvy enough to give links! How hopeless is that, and I am supposed to link to the arteypico blog, which is also a blogspot blog but as it is all in Spanichf I have no idea what it says, so if interested go look them up. I am also supposed to nominate 5 blogs for the award, which I enjoy and are very inspiring, well all of the blogs that I regularly look at seem to have been nominated for this award so I will just list the blogs I really like and as I cant link them unless they are in my side bar ...well!!
These are in my side bar and the ones I most regularly look at are, apart from Gail's, Maggie, Dale, Julie, Wendy, Alison and Hashi, that is more than 5 ah well.
I can get photos up and write my blog almost daily but I fail in quite a few things regarding blogging. I need someone to stand over me and tell me how it all works, or perhaps go and spend time going through the files, no time for that at the moment and all it does is give me a head ache.
so to the photos, the first is a scan of my TIF challenge for April, only in its early stages, no sewing or embellishing, the theme was change, and as it is autumn I think that says it all, I was going to start last night but my daylight bulb in my lamp by my chair has blown so until I get a new one nothing will bet done, I think my eyes are not too good at the moment.
The second photo if you can see him was John patiently waiting while I did over the shops in the Bazaar del Mundo and I had stopped to take photos of this little courtyard. This was in San Diego Old town.
Tomorrow I will be back to more photos.

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

I've been browsing through your recent posts and you certainly have some lovely photos. What interesting places you saw in such a short time. Back down to earth again but I hope you get time to make drawings of some of these scenes.
w.

Unknown said...

Seeing how I love your blog I had to nominate you for an award even if you can't figure it out! Lovely tour of my state of CA! I'm enjoying it!