Monday, April 21, 2008

Cows, banksia roses by the roadsides,Californian poppy and a house in Visalia





I thought there should be at least one shot of cows, these were jerseys in the first dairy we went to, only about 3,000 in this herd!! Being milked on a rotary dairy. I couldnt get over the size of the udders on some of them, all completely housed and they had water beds to lie on. I had distinct worries about enviromental problems but they seem so far to be ahead of the legislations.
So you may not see the manure disposal units only what I think are important!!
So the next was this wonderful use of Banksia roses along the highways, those and plantings of lots of other flowers, I presume some are native but some certainly were not.
Then I had to have a close up of a Californian poppy, the state emblem, we saw lots but usually when speeding by in the bus. Apparently it was a good year for them.
And finally when I had a day to myself in Visalia I went walking and taking photos of my favorite things and houses are one, I thought this was a wonderful house.
I still havent really gone through all the photos and one lot has somehow got into another area of my photos.
Any way this was from San Francisco heading down into the San Joaquin Valley, at least I think that is what it is called into Tulare County and finally the town of Visalia where we spent three nights.
I may revisit some of these areas but dont want to be boring.

1 comment:

Doreen G said...

This is not boring Penny---if nobody else wants to see them -well I do.