Sunday, April 20, 2008

San Francisco, Sausalito and near Visalia




Three more photos. The first is of the Grace Catholic Cathedral nearly opposite the Fairmont Hotel on Nob Hill where we were staying. the cherry blossoms in the little park in front of it were out and although not a Catholic I went to look inside and evensong was in progress with a American African choir and they were doing something about Martin Luther King. The voices were lovely but I had to leave after a short time as John had no idea where I had gone. They rang the bells as I was sketching it. Supposed to be a mini replica of the French one in Paris.
The second is of Sausolito which is on the other side of the Golden Gate bridge and where we stopped for lunch one day, very pretty with yachts and lots of tourist shops but fun.
The third is of the barn we had a western style dinner well a bbq with western music which was also a lot of fun, although the amplification was a bit high. Just love the shape of this barn but you could see the sky through the cracks in the rood, I suppose with a 10 inch rainfall you dont need to worry.
Today I have done dishes, done all the washing and brought some in, put away any clothes that didnt get done yesterday, fed the chooks and dogs and Oscar, hoses on as it is so dry and swept up all the feijoes that had dropped by the back door. I have not walked except down to the stables to give the girls the branding numbers for the foals.
I am halfway through scanning pages of my sketchbook and there are a lot more sketches than I thought, some will go on my other blog. Still havent sorted the photos so these were a bit at random.
Thank you to all who welcomed me back it is great to be home, but sometimes I like being away better!
If it had really rained I think I would feel more happy about being home, although the weather is about as warm as it was in LA although the nights here are colder.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Welcome home Penny, so glad to know you are back. I love your photos, I know what you mean about taking photos of flowers, I think I went quite mad over the flowers in San Francisco when I was there avout 20 years ago. Will look forward to seeing more of yours in the future. Sorry you still haven't had much rain though.

Cheers, Robin

Unknown said...

One of my favorite memories is sitting in Grace Cathedral listening to Christmas music! We drove up from Carmel about 12 years ago for the day and were able to get tickets for a concert. The bustle of the city and decorated store windows were more festive than on the Monterey Peninsula or for that matter here in the desert! Can't wait to see more of your lovely photos and hear more about your adventures!