Sunday, September 23, 2007

Playing and visitors


I had fun with some left over bits and pieces. the base is fabric paper made using fabric as a base and then watered down pva glue and scraps of old wrapping paper then covered with tissue and then painted and finally spritzed with moonshadow mists. the next is a piece of made fabric using fabric scraps and then loads of stitches from the machine oh and I thinks some organza in there, so long since I did it, and the heart is again a collection of scraps this time a thread sandwich I think on felt. I embellished that onto the blue and sewed the blue to the fabric paper. I think it might get some punched out flowers but that will happen a bit later. Of course you would think I could get it straight but I didnt.
We had a delightful day yesterday as Robin and Bill McWhinney (I hope that is the right spelling!!) from McKay came for lunch. Robin is doing Playways with me. We sat and talked for ages and ages, looked at my stuff, just nice to chat and meet someone else from Playways.
We had fish, and and a green salad and a new potato salad I was trying out which was delicious. Followed by fruit and cheese and a coffee finally to send them on their way. Of course no photos taken and I forgot about the visitors book. Probably too much chat and wine and food for that.

No comments: