Monday, December 02, 2013

Not an inspiring week

 On Monday my GP told me all my ailments were because I was old. The week went down hill from there with one bright spot at the end of it.
Tuesday John was off to meetings and I managed a walk on my own and made a Christmas Angel, not that the doll I have stitched looks much like one.
Wednesday the cold I had been hatching came into full force and for the next few days I sneezed, my nose ran and I felt sorry for myself.
A few silly bits of stitch on Thursday.
Friday I managed to get the weekly shop done and that was about all.
Saturday I felt marginally better and John and I had a short walk on a very cold and windy beach, I came home and read for the rest of the day!
Sunday we had an 80th birthday to go to, another coming up in 2 weeks.
This was the husband of one of the Coffin Bay fishing crew, well he is part of the fishing crew, we read and walk and talk. The Captain is 87, !st mate is now 80 and John is the youngest at almost 76!
We had a wonderful lunch in their new home and admired the garden.
I made the 1st mate the green fish and said it wasnt to be used as a lure, I hope he remembers!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Suztats said...

That's a cute lure, Penny. Hope this week is a better one for you.

Jo Murray said...

As time passes we have to adjust to a lot Penny...I know how you feel. With 70 years behind me I'm feeling the wear and tear, but creating makes it all go away. I always love your week in stitch.

Julie said...

Penny! you ARE JUST AMAZING! i CANNOT BELIEVE ALL YOU DO EVEN WITH YOUR DAYS OF NOT FEELING WELL. Sorry my caps were locked! Anyway. Ever onward! Take care and loved your stitching and the cute fish you made! Sure hope he does not use that thing as bait either!
xoxo- Julie