Friday, December 20, 2013

Finally on the Island


 Yesterday! Well the least said the better in a way. The heat was intense, about 43.something C in Adelaide and not much better any where else.
Of course we were on the midday ferry, leading into the hottest time of the day but it was very calm and still and a lovely crossing. This is the twin ferry to the one we were on and we passed it on the way over. Saw dolphins too, but not following the ferry.
Of course having packed everything up at home we then had to unpack into a very hot house.
We had lunch around 2.30 and I still hadnt unpacked our clothes until this morning I was so tired.
A cool change hit the Island during the night and today is totally different, a gale warning is out!
I am glad we were not crossing today.
Second photo is of the ferry coming into Penneshaw where we stay.
The next couple I took about an hour ago of Pennington Bay, one of our favorite walking beaches, but not today, very wild and windy and quite spectacular, it is on the south side of the Island and we are on the north, but it is still blowing and the wind is quite ferocious.
The last photo is of the start of the decorations, I did manage to get them up last night.
We have done a shop in Kingscote today and visited some friends and are finally back for a well earnt rest.
More tomorrow when I hope I will have rested a bit, today wasnt exactly a rest!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

No surprise you are exhausted in that heat.Your photos capture the heat and the windy conditions. Hopefully the weather will settle soon.

Stitching Lady said...

I am reading youro post now and then - and today I am amused about your sentence: "We unpacked in a very hot house.....". When we go to our house (the one we are renovating in France) it is just the opposite to yours "We unpack in a very cold house ". It made me laugh.

Digitalgran said...

Thanks for you lovely comment on Digital Gran. I just love your mantlepiece decorations!