Thursday, December 05, 2013

Walking and stitching


 We have managed some walks in between a trip to Adelaide for my hair cut that had to be put off from last week due to my cold, still not feeling 100% but I have stuff to do!
John has hardly been home as there are so many end of year wind ups for the boards and committees he is on.
Very wet and cold this morning,  We had 19 mm of rain over night so it is nice and wet underfoot.
I am trying to get some washing dry and tidy up messes where I have just dropped things when I was feeling off.
I am making the 3rd of 6 Christmas cakes today, and then a funeral to go to. A sad but inevitable one.
There have been a lot of ducks around in the bay over the last few weeks, one tends to think of them as being fresh water birds here but obviously they are not and there is something they are after around the reefs.
I read a lot last week but I did manage to finish off two decorations for some ones tree, I think I prefer making hearts to stars.
The strange sandy object is a sharks egg, I think one of the wobbegongs, not a large nasty shark. This was the second one on the beach and to my delight John found me a cowrie, there are not many on this beach walk.
I also found a whelk, not many of those are washed up either but as this one had a still live hermit crab inside we threw it back out to where we hoped it would have more luck.
The beach is in constant process of change at the moment, always interesting and of course it does look different between low and high tide times.
The second ashes match (cricket) between UK and Australia starts this morning in Adelaide, there is a lot of talk about the new stands and oval revamp, from the outside it still looks like a building site but apparently it looks ok from within the grounds. I hope so, although they seem to have lost the glorious view of the cathederal at one end and to me looks much like any other cricket/football ground.
Off to boil my cake.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Amazing how many Christmas cakes you bake every year. I miss the cake my mom used to bake me. Hope you are feeling 100% soon Penny.

Jo Murray said...

SIX Christmas cakes...I'm exhausted.