Tuesday, March 06, 2012

White cockatoos and local scenery


I have been a bit off for the last few days (dropping meds) but I have walked Max and John did take me for a cliff top walk. In the midst of all that my monitor for the computer has had to be replaced so not a lot of time spent on it.
While I walked Max out the back gate yesterday I could hear the loud screeches of the big white cockies and there they were flying onto the dam bank and eating I presume the kikuyu grass seeds and shouting at each other and me and Max. I was really pleased with this top photo of a group of them in flight.
The next photo is of them gathering on the dam bank.
I didnt walk far but the light seemed quite good so I took a photo of the hills on the other side of the valley from us. Looking at it now I am not so sure about the light being good at all.
The last one is looking across to Granite Island and Seal Rock from the saddle of The Bluff early on Sunday morning, such a silver sea and lovely clouds.
Thank you to all who commented on the wedding, they were very lucky with the weather as the next day, Sunday was quite windy and not nearly as nice a day.
I havent finished yet but I have almost finished a cloth and paper journal rather like the ones Ro Bruhn makes, I dont know how she does them so fast as this one has taken me ages and it still isnt quite finished. I am sewing buttons on the spine. Then I will take some photos. I will find a reference to Ro's blog when I put up the photos, she does such lovely stuff.
I think one of the reasons this has taken me so long is that I have had to get my head around something that is new.
Oh and this morning while I walked Max a fox was only a few feet away from me and of course it was the one morning I hadnt taken the camera.
He obviously hadnt smelt either Max or I as at one stage he sat and scratched, which did make me wonder if he had mange but he shot off like a rocket when Max finally saw him, which wasnt until a crow had come down and tried to chase him off.
Poor Max could smell him but couldnt find him as he shot through the garden. I decided not to let the chooks out this morning as he was a bit close.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

You live in a beautiful part of Australia Penny, I always enjoy the photos you take on your walks. Sorry you didn't get a photo of the fox, I imagine you wish it wasn't there at all! Cheers

Robin Mac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.