Monday, March 12, 2012

Ships, a walk and the cockle train


I have finished two of these little sailing ships, they have taken me forever, mostly because I was procrastinating but I have one more to finish and they are done.
This morning we walked along the coast at Pt Elliot and as the tide was very w watched a black oystercatcher and a seagull.
Then the cockle train came along on the other side of the bay, I dont very often see it from this direction, as you can see it hugs the coast.
A bit further along there was a very tame magpie sitting on a rock, who posed nicely for me and then decided to sing very nicely as well. I wonder if it doesnt get fed at the near by caravan park it was so tame.
We went on into Victor to have a coffee and this is the close up of the cockle train that we had while sitting drinking that coffee, sea on one side, railway tracks on the other, have to love The Anchorage and its great coffee.
Click or double click to enlarge.
It hasnt been a good week end, finally I managed to catch my friend who has just lost her husband, lots of tears, lots of chat and some laughs, but it all left me drained. I am going through photos of our trips away to give her, those did bring forth some laughs, our hairstyles, what we wore, what we did and where we managed to get to, so many lovely memories.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Robin Mac said...

A very sad time Penny, but going through old photos will always produce some laughs and wonderful memories. Love the photos of your walk. How big are the boats you have made? Cheers

virginia said...

Beautiful landscapes and such a lovely colour the sea is. All is still pretty grey here, although it's getting slightly warmer and the flowers are beginning to come out. It seems that our climbing rose survived the freezing temperature and a self-planted clematis in a basket of all things. So sorry t hear about your friend's hsuband. It all seems to get very close, doesn't it?Photos certainly help, but grief takes a long time to get over. Lots of love, V

Anonymous said...

The little boats look wonderful Penny.