Thursday, March 29, 2012

African doll finished and a walk on the beach


I have been working on this doll for a few days, I did a similar one in a workshop years ago in America and decided to make my own pattern but with the idea there, I had trouble with her hands! The original was a lot larger and had fingers but i decided that this smaller more elegant figure didnt have enough room for fingers.
Fun to do and hauled out all my wild looking fabrics and wools.
I had promised a friend at Ballarat last yeaar to make her a doll for a swap of her lovely needle cases. I wonder if she will remember!
It has got a bit hot and humid but we had a lovely walk on the beach this morning, a nice breeze,lots of shells and I found a cowrie, always a red letter day!
spent a lot of the day tidying up, only half way there, still the Melbourne lot dont arrive until Monday.

Off to feed the chooks and dogs, and of course Oscar and then think about our dinner.
Oh and I always love finding sand castles, this one was lovely.
Click to enlarge.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

The doll is wonderful Penny. Your beach walk must have been relaxing - you always find such interesting things to take photos of. Cheers

Julie said...

Your doll is amazing, Penny!!! Great work! The recipient will be so pleased (and maybe surprised too, which is the best)!!! xoxo- Julie