Friday, March 30, 2012

Its autumn, foggy morning walk

 It was interesting this morning, we were supposed to heat up today but with the fog hanging around for quite some time I dont think it will happen, or if it does it will be late.
I will be glad when daylight saving finishes this week end..
As Max and I walked this morning the race up the hill was clear but there was fog on both sides. The sun gradually burnt some off  and the tops of the hills showed through.
I love these foggy mornings with the trees looking quite different to my normal morning walks and the birds all singing. I heard a thrush this morning as well as the magpies caroling and some currawongs calling.
Max and I walked down another race and there was a very surprised kangaroo who hopped off into the fog. We came back through the pine forest and there were lots of spiders webs, not easy to take photos of though. I did see lots with spangles of dew on them on the fences as we went in to shop this morning, but we didnt stop.
Click or double click to enlarge the photos.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Suztats said...

The fog drapes over the trees, and they wear a cloak of mystery....
Wonderful pics, Penny.

Robin Mac said...

I love foggy mornings too. Beautiful photos Penny. I am so glad daylight saving ends today, I am always in trouble trying to contact family down south at a reasonable time! Cheers

Gwen Buchanan said...

Penny what a wonderful day to wake up to.. and to have your camera handy.. These photos are gorgeous.. every single one is a painting in itself!!! There is something about fog that is so magical.

Jacky said...

Looks lovely Penny, lucky you, living in the country. We haven't had daylight savings this year thank goodness.
Hope your weather cools down for Easter.