Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Murray Bridge

 John had a meeting at Murray Bridge this morning and I went with him. I wandered around for quite a long time taking photos.
The car bridge and the railway bridge, the railway station, some old buildings, the pub by the bridge, a house and garden called The Round House and a few photos of the riveritself.
I had a lovely day, found a gallery with lots of lovely things in it and a second hand bookshop with so many books, I could have been in heaven but decided to only buy two, one a book on biscuits and cakes, published in 1977, lots of good recipes and a Rosamund Pilcher so I have something to read.
Home tired but at least I was out of the house and we had a reasonable lunch and a lovely drive over and back.
Click once or twice to enlarge the photos.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

india flint said...

i like Murray Bridge
especially the railway station
and
the flour mills
and
the bridge itself

Hildred said...

That sounds to me like a lovely day, Penny. Time to yourself to wander with the camera - and a book store!!! Oh my, oh my.....

Julie said...

WOW...sounded wonderful!!! Love how you found the biscuits and cakes book!