Sunday, March 25, 2012

Quiltlet finished and this morning


I have finished this quiltlet which is going to be in the Mix it Up Exhibition over Easter.
 A variety of layers and stitch with a little wrapped doll.
Fun, just hope some one wants it for the magnificent price of $25!!
I am not a proper quilter.
This morning I headed off early in light drizzle and fog along our road, I pulled over and took these rather interesting photos.
I love the look of the trees showing up as shapes in the mist.
Where was I going? Over to a poultry sale at Strathalbyn to help Tab who was selling ducks and inadvertently came home with these two lovely gold laced young Wyandottes a male and female at a ridiculous price, so long as I dont kill them, and a pair of young female guinea fowl, John may kill me over them but I love their racketty calls and just the look of them. No male unfortunately.
No photo of them as the minute I put them in the coop they bolted for cover. The Wyandottes are in a dog cage at the moment the book says they are good mothers and gentle, I probably should have got another hen, oh well.
Went to visit my recently widowed friend and had a lovely chat, still tears and laughter but it was so nice to actually  see her, there have been lots of phone calls but its not quite the same as being able to give some one a hug.
It has turned into a lovely day, John is fishing and I think I have had a good day as well.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

PamelaB said...

Hope you have fun with your new birds.

Barry said...

P-love the misty morning or late afternoon images - so soft and quite - bit like our valley. Go well. B

Julie said...

I'm not fond of "proper quilts"...I like your way better!!! :)