Thursday, October 06, 2011

Spring blossom and a new foal


Around the garden yesterday and the geranium maderense is looking superb, there are a few roses out and I managed to get a bee in this one, then the orchard trees are flowering, the old Lord Nelson apple, a pear, I think this was the burre bosch and lavender and roses intermingled in the border.
I was desperately trying not to let the weeds show!
We have had more rain last night and today. Lovely but a bit much having to go back to rubber boots again.
The new foal, born the morning we went to Melbourne is looking lovely, she is a Welsh B and is by the lovely stallion we took back to Imperial Stud a few months ago.
Very pleased with her.
I have been catching up with a few things and doing some sewing, trying to get my fabric/paper book under way.
Have just been looking at the tutors for the school in the Grampians at the end of February, would love to do the whole 6 days but accommodation is very expensive if I am doing it on my own. Maybe I will do one of the 2 day classes, there is so much on that I would love to do but money is tight. John cant come with me as it is right in the middle of fire season and so I will be going on my own. Any one out there interested in sharing a room?



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hildred said...

Lovely to see your apple blossoms and your new foal as you go into spring, Penny.

Also a birthday!!! Have a happy year.

virginia said...

What a beautiful foal! What a little honey! Your roses and the bee are also lovely pictures. We are at last going into autumn. After three weeks of really hot weather we now have cold winds and rain. I'm not looking forward to the dark side of the year.

Love to you both and thanks for your mail,

Virginia