Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Another year older!


We are now home from our few days in Melbourne, the top photo was my birthday breakfast yesterday, we had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and champagne, one bottle between 4 so we were not over the top. I do look a bit spaced out though, it was either this one or a very serious one with pursed lips, not a good look.
We had a long day after that getting home but another bottle and some asian take away helped send us off to bed.
Will is an xbox player and he spent most of his time playing but it did mean that at least I got a photo which he usually shies away from I didnt get one of Evie she wasnt home a lot and at 14 is going through a bit of a stage, sweet but friends are terribly important and grandparents not at all I think, not that I blame her and we did have some time together over the few days.
The last photo is of the cemetery where John's I think grandparents are buried and really what I was taking were the bright yellow african daisies covering so many of the graves. On the one day the sun came out it was a blaze of coulour when they opened.
Washing is being done, and I am doing the usual mundane jobs around about and had a doctors appointment to get my drivers license, which entails an ECG all ok there and an eye test, just it took so long and I had to get Oscar from the cattery earlier so I havnet been home much.
It is still damp and the garden looks lovely but so do the weeds. I will take some photos of the flowers tomorrow I hope.
A busy week or so coming up so wether I will get some of the things I want to get onto done will remain to be seen, at least I feel a bit more rested, makes a difference just being some where different.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Great to see you Penny and what a happy photo! As they say, a change is as good as a holiday..... so your few days will probably give you a good boost of energy to get you through all the mundane chores.

shirley said...

Happy Birthday Penny, yes you do look happy, and it sounds like your trip to Melbourne was wonderful. Our birthdays are a day apart I think. Mine was on Monday. I wonder if we were born in the same year. I am `1937, but you look younger than me.

I hope you are still enjoying your birthday week.

Robin Mac said...

My computer told me yesterday that it was your birthday, but I was not sure so didn'tsend you a birthday greeting - so glad you had a fun day. I love the yellow daisies on the graves. Cheers

Wanda..... said...

*Happy Belated Birthday Penny!*

One of my grandsons (Nathan) turned 20 on Monday the 3rd of October!

Unknown said...

Happy to hear that you got away! Sounds like the trip was great and much needed. Happy Birthday! XOOXOX

Julie said...

The teens are always busy with friends and video games...even the little ones here love to do this stuff. Oh well...as it should be, eh? Your smile at breakfast says it all!!! Beautiful photo of you!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Penny you look like you had a good one, wishing you many more.