Thursday, October 20, 2011

Not quite finished

I have had a busy few days and needed something to quietly play with. I drew some small elephants for my other blog and used the more stylised one for this small slow stitchery. I was amused when I had finished stitching the tree to see a face in the foliage. I dont think it has decided that it is quite finished, I will leave it by my chair and see.
Tuesday we went to Adelaide, well down to Glenelg where my hairdresser now is and after hair cuts and a coffee decided to park the car and take the tram up to the city center where we had dental appointments, we dont usually use public transport in the city as we have a car and drive up but it was a pleasant surprise to find that with our seniors cards we had free travel up and back (so long as it was between ? and 3, not sure when it starts, we were there around midday), so that saved considerably on car parking. I can see lots of future possibilities!
Yesterday a friend from skiing days (a lot younger!) rang to say she and 2 friends were doing something with cycling SA and could we meet, so we had a very pleasant lunch at the Anchorage on the veranda, it was pretty hot but not too bad and it was fun to catch up. John had had a physio appointment as he has a shoulder that doesnt like him so it all worked out well with us actually being in the town. We shared a fantastic coorong mullet bruchetta, new on the menu since I was last there.
It has cooled down and there is the odd spot of rain but I have hoses going full tilt in the garden as two hot and windy days, as well as smoke from deliberately lit fires in the conservation parks has dried things out, not the smoke, that was just an added hazard and now we are really worried about some idiot who thinks it is fun to light fires at risk to all and sundry. One was to the north and one the south of us and not terribly far away.
The joys of summer in the country.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hildred said...

I love your elephants, Penny, and think the face is quite delightful and adds to the whole picture. I'm sorry about your fires, - it is incredible that some people are so foolhardy and irresponsible, - and stupid - to set fires deliberately, but it happens here too.